3/29/2011

high fashion thinspo 2

We hear it all the time - superskinny models are going to be replaced by healthy looking girls and blah blah blah. Let's face it - it's a lie. Most of the clothes just look best on skinny women and designers know that. Yes, there have been some great campaings with healthier looking girls - but these need to have so much more charisma and confidence to rock the runways and photoshoots.

Several months ago I posted some pictures from the Fall 2010 fashion campaigns. I guess it's time for the Spring 2011 update. (Spoiler: Nothing has changed :).)

Stuart Weitzman

Versace

Isabel Marant

Proenza Schouler

Calvin Klein

Fendi

Guess

Marc Jacobs

Miu Miu
Valentino

Zara

Gucci

5 comments:

  1. Ahh, fashion. My mom was an aspiring designer before I was born and I grew up in the world of clothes and modelling...and it's true, clothes look best when there is no extra flesh or meat to interfere with the drape of a garment. It's just how it is. BUT I do think that the amount of thinness can be too extreme in some cases. There's no need for a woman to be nothing but bones in order for the clothes to fit cleanly and display them as they are meant to be displayed.

    Aesthetics are subjective, though, and designers will use the models who sell the line, regardless of what anyone says...money matters more than morals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I think I locked my blog while you were on hiatus, and may have neglected to say something. If you're still interested in reading my blog, you can email me (camparinuit at gmail dot com) using the email address associated with your blogger account and I'll shoot you an invitation asap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fashion is the best thinspiration <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and hello from a new follower :) If you'd follow my blog, too, I'd be delighted!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everytime I see fashion ads and those girls... i feel even fatter. It is so damn true what you write. <3

    ReplyDelete